Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Interactive Bookmarks

Interactive Bookmarks are my jam.  Seriously.

I've been using them for years and I truly believe that they not only reinforce skills, but also engage readers in critical thinking.  This year with my 6th graders, the kids have completed them primarily with their choice reading novels; however, before I came to this school, I had used them for all different purposes.

Anyway, when I designed my latest batch, I made sure that they had everything that I could possibly squeeze into on them.  Over the years I have bought so many different styles of bookmarks, usually practicing just one skill.  I wanted something that could be used for an entire novel that required the practice of more than one skill or concept.  I made both a fiction one and a nonfiction one, because the skills required are definitely different.  They are both double sided and foldable so they tuck easily into a book.  What I have really loved this year is watching the growth from the beginning of the year up until now.  When they did their first book marks in September, it provided me with a great assessment of where they needed to go this year.  From then moving forward, I have had another "assessment" batch every month, and the growth of thinking has been fantastic.

Here are some snapshots of the bookmarks:




Fiction





Nonfiction





Here is a listing of what is on the bookmarks:



I have both of these bookmarks on TPT separately and part of a discounted bundle.  They really are one of my most favorite tools.  Keeping thinking going is both a challenge and an inspiration, and these bookmarks have always served that purpose for me.  Enjoy!

~L

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Bookmark-Bundle-for-Fiction-and-Nonfiction-Texts-3150926


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Bookmark-for-Fiction-Texts-3150324

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Bookmark-for-Nonfiction-Texts-3150375

No comments:

Post a Comment