Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Back to School - Back to Crazy

Back to school has been crazy!  I have been so busy since school started!  Not only did I go back to work with my students, but I also started up with another grad school class.  So.  Much.  To.  Do. 

At our school we have several different meet the teacher nights: k-5th, 6th grade, and 7th-8th grade.  We also had our annual fall fundraiser.  It is called the County Fair, and runs for three days.  We have live bands and performers all weekend an outdoor stage, carnival rides (ferris wheel, giant slide, tilt-a-whirl, etc. etc.), a giant silent auction, bingo, indoor games, a craft and art market, book sale, karaoke, more food venders than I can count, the list just keeps going.  Super fun but super exhausting.  Next week we start another fundraiser (Christmas wreath sales) and our students participate in a "marathon" to coincide with our Twin Cities Marathon.

Anyway, I'm starting to settle into a new routine, so I'm ready to start writing again.  I'm trying create some new TPT products, as well.  I usually create products as I need them, so I have a few upcoming projects in mind. 

I'm currently working on a post on how I use interactive notebooks in the classroom.  I'm also thinking about a series of literature posts that each focus on a different concept.  I will probably start with analyzing conflict, but then after that, who knows... whatever I need that week I guess.  Anyway, I am still here and will hopefully be back a bit more regularly as I work my way through a new curriculum. 

Here's looking to a great October!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment