Saturday, August 19, 2017

Purposeful Talk Sentence Starters - Back to School FREEBIE!

After working in my classroom for too many hours to count this week, I decided I needed to make new purposeful talk sentence starters at 10:30 on Friday night.  Why?  I have no idea other than I wanted a new color scheme, and I was over tired, and it sounded like a 5 minute task.  Two and a half hours later, I was finished and realized that I really did not need to start that project at that time of night.  Anyway, I decided to share them as a freebie - since I spent so much time on them, I might as well share them!



I've used the same basic starters for many years, with all grades.  These are just starters, and students often learn to develop their own ways to phrase these types of discussions.  Regardless, I've found that it doesn't matter what the grade, they need to practice these communication and critical thinking skills.





Since I created these in the middle of the night, I still need to print, laminate and cut.  No pics today, folks.  This set includes 14 different discussion prompts.  What I like about these as that they can be used in any space.  I have traveled between three schools with these babies, and always have found a spot for them that is easily visible during discussions.

I hope they brighten your classroom and stimulate deep discussions with your students!

~L

Purposeful Talk Sentence Starters


No comments:

Post a Comment